Saturday, July 05, 2008

Smurf Lullaby

I often sing this lullaby (uncompleted edition) for Jin to make her fell asleep. I always can't get the full version of this lullaby since I had been listening from Yes933 at 2am everyday during my teenager. All the S'poreans and those from JB used to enjoy Dasmond Koh's program and this lullaby when this top DJ finished DJ-ing at night.

I always have no idea the background of this lullaby. And Jin always asks for the original edition.
I have been looking for this song for years!

So luckily that I manage to find it (the lyrics as well as the mp3) somewhere online this time! It is in fact from a cartoon called The Smurf, which is very popular during 80's. I'm sure this lovely song would continue playing for kids or even for adults like Jin... hehe

"Smurf Lullaby"
Try to sleep now, close your eyes
Soon the birds would stop singing
Twinkling stars, are shining bright
They'll be watching you all night
All the things, you enjoy
On this beautiful day
All your friends, all your toys
will be waiting for you to play

"Mr. Moonlight will come bring you dreams
As soon as the lights are out
And tomorrow you must tell me
what those dreams were all about"

Try to sleep now, close your eyes
Try to think of tomorrow
All of us wish you good night
So I'm switching off the lights
One more hug, one more smile
Kiss you once, kiss you twice
I'll be here for a while
Try to sleep now and close your eyes

GOOD NIGHT!


The song can be found here!!
http://wayoutjunk.blogspot.com/2008/04/smurfs-party-side.html

The Smurfs Theme

No comments: