Thursday, August 30, 2007

I still can recall I wrote an article (in Mandarin) conjunction to our National Day in 2004. The point of that article is mainly to express that criticism should be regarded as a homage behavior to the country. Of course, the criticism must be in a rational, and based on the fact. Leaders of the country should be more open to accept different kinds of thinking as no one is perfect in this world.
Tomorrow would be Malaysia 50th Independent Anniversary (August 31). So, I try to write some words to my people too. Recently, Barisan National government (BN) is taking action to blogers, sue them to the court, due to their criticism of government policy. This in fact reveals how narrow minded of the current Malaysian leaders are. Okay, I can’t do anything with that, but I still can write too, like other blogers. But this time, I have no specific issue to criticize. Too many articles you can find from some alternative media on internet.

http://www.merdekareview.com/

http://www.malaysia-today.net/index.shtml

http://www.merdekareview.com/ (in Mandarin).

Malaysians love to bow to someone more powerful, most likely due to the fear. But, why are we afraid of? What are we afraid of? Even myself never think about those questions before. A better idea is to keep quiet like many Malaysians do, or even don’t think about the politics, then you are safe. But, how about those people who may still have some consciousness like me?

Don’t tell me I should write an article and glorify the BN government for a gift of the 50th National DAY and my country. NO WAY! Please clarify that what the system of democracy is. Please be clear the concept of a country and a democratic government. I’m a Malaysian, the nationality won’t change (at least I still don’t have the intension so far), but a government can be changed by the people (we are not communists!).

I love my country, but ‘I f*ck the Barisan National government to the hell.’ Don’t tell me I should say a polite word to the leaders or the people more powerful. If you hate those f*cking words, you have the right not to read them. Want to sue me? PLEASE GO AHEAD. I have ‘the f*cking BN’ in my mind, so I just write it out. I just want to be true to myself. Please look at those leaders from developed countries. They hear their people, they accept the criticism from the people (though they may not agree with those criticism). But what do those people in BN do? They speak like they are my father. Well, my father even doesn’t scold me ‘biadap’, ‘childish’…. but those useless people do, even a medical Dr. in the cabinet does!

Why do we need to be afraid if we are telling the truth and criticizing rationally? An American friend reminds me that a government is to serve people. Why are Malaysians afraid of changes in politics?

BN people want to challenge me? Well, please go ahead… I’m now pursuing a degree, which may be higher than most of the leaders in BN. So, at least I win the 1st round. Sound like I’m too self-esteem, boastful, pretentious or whatever you want to call. But I tell you, a PhD is really nothing in the academic field. The only sadness is: we don’t have many PhD in BN government, but they are just swaggers in the parliaments. Who cares a PhD student shouting like a dog in his blog, but people do care if you shout ‘racist, racist’, ‘you don’t like, go out of Malaysia’ in the parliaments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAhpNmGI1Jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WduM1FdqzRQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iCgZohPSI8&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGQADED_Mw&mode=related&search=

The general election of Malaysia would be coming very soon. As we celebrate 50th Malaysia birthday, I also make a wish here that Malaysians would bring some changes to our own benefits. We hold our own future, if you want it to be better and better. Hope that we won't distinguish people based on races anymore. Be fair and just to everybody, any races… After all, we are Malaysians…

Sorry that if there is any error in writing. I seldom write in English. I still feel a little bit hard to express my mind using English, not as fluent as Mandarin. I’m learning to write better. For all that, who cares?? I just write to myself, from the bottom of my heart. Now the time is 5.50am, I woke up at 4.30am to write this. Why am I doing so? I really don’t have any idea…

No comments: