Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Identification of winners and losers

A winner does it. A loser talks about it.
The winner is always a part of the solution to the problem, while the loser is always a part of the problem.
The winner sees an answer for every problem, while the loser sees a problem for every answer.
The winner says, “Let me do it for you!” while the loser says, “That’s NOT my job!”
The winner always has a problem solving approach while the loser always has an excuse.
The winner says, “It may be difficult, but it is possible.” The loser says, “It may be possible, but it is too difficult.”
The winner says, “If it was easy, anyone could do it, but I’ll take the problem on as a challenge and an opportunity.” The loser says, “If anyone can do it, it is easy and I will do it.”
The winner is not afraid of losing. The loser is afraid of winning.
The winner may try and, on occasion, fail while the loser will never try or succeed.
Winners know when t quit; losers don’t know when to quit.
When a winner makes a mistake, he/she says, “I was wrong – I made a mistake!” When the loser makes a mistake, he/she say, “It wasn’t my fault – I have an excuse!”
A winner works harder than a loser and always has more time. A loser is always “too busy” to do what is required.
A winner listens; a loser just waits until it is his turn to talk.
A winner respects those who are superior to him/her and tries to learn from them. A loser resents those who are superior to him/her and tries to find faults and weaknesses with them.
A winner says, “There should be a better way to do it.” The loser says, “That is the way it has always been done.”
A winner say, “I’m good, but I am not as good as I could be.” A loser says, “I’m not as bad as a lot of other people.”
A winner makes commitments. A loser makes promises that generally go unfulfilled.
A winner feels responsible for more than his/her job. A loser says, “I just work here – you don’t expect me to think do you?”
A winner goes through a problem. A loser attempts to go around the problem and never gets past it.
A winner says, “I fell.” A loser says, “Somebody pushed me.”

A winner credits “good luck” for winning – even though it wasn’t his/her good luck. A loser blames “bad luck” for losing – even though it wasn’t his/her bad luck.
A winner makes time. A loser wastes time.
A winner delegates. A loser controls.
A winner wants to do it. A loser feels he/she has to do it.
A winner says, “I’ll plan to do that.” A loser says, “I’ll try to do that.”
A winner translates dreams into reality. A loser translates reality into dreams.
A winner sees a green near every sand-trap. A loser sees at least 2 sand-traps near every green.
The difference between winning and losing is knowing.

No comments: